inquiry

페이지 정보

Poster.Rose

Date.2003-06-27 00:00:00

Hit.283

Reply.0

본문

Dear Dr. Jung

I am Rose from the Philippines.  I am writing to you because I just have some queries regarding rhinoplasty.  For years I have been contemplating whether I would undergo such a surgery because I have a flat and bulbous nose.  I have done my research and I found out that you are one of the most respected and most accomplished surgeon in Asia and for that I am seriously considering having my operation in your clinic.  I am also afraid of the complications that silicone might have.  I have seen some who underwent rhinoplasty using silicone and the results were rather unnatural and sometimes it even leads to complications.  As this is my primary operation I don't want such things to happen that is why I saved up to have my operation done with one of the best doctors in the region.

In connection to this here are my queries:

1.  What is your familiarity with Southeast asian noses?  As I have seen from your website most of your operations are for northeast asians.  As you might know the structure of a Filipino nose is different from that of the Koreans or Japanese.  We tend to have flatter noses and a wider base.  With such kind of nose what do you suggest? 

2.  I wish to have a natural looking nose after the operation.  I just want to have the base of my nose reduced and have it a bit augmented.  Will this kind of operaration entail alar base trimming?  And with such a procedure what are the chances of having scars?  I am a heavy keloid former and I am afraid of having keloids in my face after the operation.  In your experience has this ever happened?

3. It is stated in your website that you use gore-tex and rib cartilage for the augmentation.  As I have mentioned earlier my scars tend to be keloidal and for that I might have to rule out rib cartilage for fear of having keloids in the area where the incision might be done.  That leaves me with gore-tex option.  Given that gore-tex is also an artificial element similar to silicone what are the chances that it might result to infections and eventual removal of the implant?  What is the main difference between silicone and gore-tex?  I have read from many sources that secondary operations tend to be more dangerous and for that I wish that I will only undergo a primary operation.  WIll gore-tex last for a lifetime? Does it have any tendency of resorption in old age?

4.  How do I go about the consultation?  My target date of operation is sometime in August.  Is this ok for your schedule?  Should I send you pictures beforehand for better diagnosis?  Does the $3300 charge cover alar base trimming augmentation and nasal tip surgery?

5. If ever I decide to undergo the surgery in August is it possible to stay in your clinic?  How long do I need to stay in Korea to make sure that there will be no complications anymore?  How do I deal with post-operation check-ups?  Do I have to come back to Korea after one month three months and one year after the operation?

Thank you very much for reading my lenghty email.  I am hoping to hear from you soon.

Sincerely

Rose

인쇄하기

Print List
Next ▼ inquiry