Pre-maxillary causing

페이지 정보

Poster.nose

Date.2003-07-22 00:00:00

Hit.234

Reply.0

본문

Hi

I think there are three causes of puffiness 1) for 3-4 weeks after the surgery swelling persists 2) During sugery some muscles such as levator labii superioris m. and some orbicularis oris m. will be manipulated.  As a result postoperatively this can lead to some puffiness and "fox mouthed" appearance espicially during laughing or certain facial expressions.  But the muscle will recover completely within 4 weeks. 3) Lastly as you said improper decisions on the surgeon's part such as excessive size of the implant or misjudging the indications for surgery can also lead to postoperative puffiness.  The surgery is properly indicated for patients with small depressed nose and depressed paranasal area espicially in the nasolabial fold area. For a patient with a prominent mouth there two reasons; first prominent mouth itself and second depressed nose and paranasal area. The patient with the second condition is a better candidate for this surgery.

Take care   

>Hi i noticed that on some patients who got a pre-maxillary implant have "puffy" faces. I dont think that is very attractive to have a puffy face? Is the puffiness because of the swelling or is that just how the pre-maxillary implant makes the face look?

---------------------------

인쇄하기

Print List