Question about Silicone/Gore-tex

페이지 정보

Poster.nose

Date.2003-07-22 00:00:00

Hit.212

Reply.0

본문

Hi

1) That's right but gore-tex was used just for the nasal bridge. In the tip area I used septal cartilage.
2) As you know there are tip defining points in the nasal tip. They are supratip break two light reflexes in frontal view and infratip lobule. If one uses silicone in the tip area the two light reflexes and supratip break will be lost.  With time(10-20 years) the skin will become thin shiny and transparent.  Anatomically the lower lateral cartilage is somewhat of a freeloating structure for two reasons to resist fracture and to providing framework for the nasal airway. If the silicone is fixed in a rigid fashion from the nasion all the way to tip it is against god's intention and can lead to problems.  90% of the complications of silicone implants has happened in the tip area.
3) I have never used artificial implants in the tip area.
Gore-tex implant I use stops just short of the supratip break region.

Thank you for your thoughtful questions.
Take care

>Hi Dr. Jung
>http://www.nose.co.kr/english/noti2/data/tipslide61.jpg
>1.)in that pic did you reoperate using gore-tex?
>2.)i know that you said when you put silicone in the nose it is very sharp and sometimes it will ruin the tip? why?
>3.)if silicone slides down and ruins the tip wont gore-tex do the same? how do you get the "Curved" shape on the tip with gore-tex?
>when you insert the gore-tex do you stop right before the tip? how long is the gore-tex piece i hope u know what i mean

---------------------------

인쇄하기

Print List