Silicone Safe if Used right?

페이지 정보

Poster.nose

Date.2003-07-22 00:00:00

Hit.247

Reply.0

본문

Hi

Your point is very exact(My english is not good then i am not sure wheather my expression is right or not - please understand me^^).
Every implant(i mean artificial materials) can have similiar problems such as Infection inflammation adverse host-immune reaction and so on. I think "how to use" is more important.
If a surgeon uses any implant on the tip area even a soft gore-tex it could lead to complications. Depressed areas like the cheek forehead or nasal bridge are somewhat OK but the nasal tip is a pointed end. If you increase tension on the tip with implants for increased tip projection it is possible to have problems. 
In the past many doctors have used just silicone without any tip surgery.  This caused many problems. But as you know more than 20 years after silicone surgery most silicone becomes hard and warped because of calcification.  I think a soft material is better than a hard one.  That's why i prefer gore-tex over silicone.

Take care

>Hi Dr. Jung i understand that you have stated that gore-tex is a better choice than Silicone/silastic. However i was thinking out of all your patients who had problems with silastic wasnt it because of the previous doctor's mistake of putting the implant too close to the tip and not because of the material? If silastic was correctly put in only the dorsum area and septal cartilage was used for the tip shouldnt everything go right?
>If an unexperienced doctor put a gore-tex implant all the way down to the tip wouldnt it also cause problemS?
>my point is that since most of the problem arises from the doctor not putting the implant in right why is gore-tex better than silastic?

---------------------------

인쇄하기

Print List