Closed Rhinoplasty

페이지 정보

Poster.nose

Date.2003-07-26 00:00:00

Hit.218

Reply.0

본문

Hi

Last several decade many rhinoplasty surgeons have argued about "what approach for rhinopalsty is better". I think it's not much important point.
In my case 90% of my surgeries is performed by open approach because most my case is hard and revision case.
As you can see recent surgery posted #568 and more information in knowledge posted # 254 were performed endonasal(closed) approach. Endonasal approach has not only a lot of advantage but also disadvantage. If a excellent doctor he can do any approach. The indications of approach methods have to be selected patients demand concerning about columella scar deformities revision ethenic simple or hard case and so on. It is not true that a doctor can only open or only endonasal approach.

However i prefer open approach because that is provide better surgical visual field then final results is better and the scar on the columella is negligible.

Take care

>Dr. Jung
>
>From my impression it seems that you are an excellent surgeon and I understand you have extensive expertise with revision surgeries and complicated forms.  However I do not intend to sound rude but how much experience do you have with closed rhinoplasty?  I researched extensively and most of my sources say that because of the varying nature of the two types of surgery many surgeons who are well versed in the complicated open surgeries may conversely have difficulty with the closed method (especially Asian because the majority of Asian noses require the 'open' style).  I read that closed is much better for slight corrections to the dorsal hump if certain conditions are favorable but not many cosmetic surgeons are willing to perform it because it is more difficult to navigate/see the nasal structure.
>
>I'm not intending to undermine your ability; I merely wish to know your basic stance on closed rhinoplasty because you barely mention it on your English site.
>
>Thank you.

---------------------------

인쇄하기

Print List