Print List
best types of implants

페이지 정보

Poster.J

Date.2012-04-03 01:19:36

Hit.222

Reply.0

본문

This question is in relation to the previous question.

There are several options for different types of implants that your clinic offers.

I was researching them to see which would be most beneficial, and why there are so many options if one is superior to the others.

I've been leaning towards self harvested cartilage because I felt uncomfortable with foreign objects implanted in my body, but there's a very high warp rate and absorption rate. And rib cartilages will calcify over time into bone. That sounds like a really bad thing down the road if a rib cartilage is warped and calcified decades later. What precautions can be done to make sure it doesn't warp?

Silicone seems like one of the least advantageous being that it's solid and synthetic and can shift and protrude out of the tip of the nose overtime. But it has the strongest properties which apparently is consistent with the nasal bone.

Which comes to Gortex. It's not organic (?) but it's slightly porous and allows the body to grow tissue through the pores anchoring itself without moving. I've heard it has a very low rate for rejection or absorption, but I've also heard it's too soft for using to augment nasal bridges?

Medpor is suppose to be more porous but also harder than the other implants. Is this a good thing or bad thing relative to how hard the natural nasal bridge should be? What are pros and cons of Gortex vs. Medpor?

I've also seen some of the horror pictures of contracted or collapsed noses, what typically causes that? Would any of the implants mentioned here ever cause something like that?

I apologize for the strenuously long email, but I think like many other patients I want to be able to find the type of surgery that would have good results, easy healing, and last for the rest of my lifetime without worrying about revision surgeries years later.

Which would you personally recommend for the least of amount of complications and the longest sustaining results? And when I say long I mean I want to be 80 years old and still have a good looking nose :)

Thanks

인쇄하기

Print List