medpor or bio tissue engineering

페이지 정보

Poster.nose

Date.2005-09-14 00:00:00

Hit.51

Reply.0

본문

Hi

Medpore is a hard material made to replace bones.
The upper 1/3rd of the nose is made of hard bone but
the rest 2/3rds are made of relatively soft cartilage.
The harder the material the more artificial the results are. Gore-tex and medopore both passed FDA a long time ago and are safe to use inside the body. Tissue engineering is being studied; it's a method of harvesting autologous cartilage and implanting it wherever it's needed. I'm not sure when exactly that will be open since now they are just experimenting it. If you want to be operated that way that might happen perhaps when you are born again.

Dear Dr. Jung
>
>My nose bridge was reduced earlier and I would like to augment it back. I wonder how come that you do not use medpor (from the company Porex) designed by Paul Okeefe for dorsal augmentation? I know that the result is little bit hard nose but does not medpor have better long term result that gore-tex?
>
>So I am little confused what implant is the most effective in long term medpor or gore-text. What about bio-tissue engineering? According to some plastic surgeons their is possible now to bio engineer body parts like nose bone or nose cartilage and use that to augment the nose. Do you have the experince of that or do you plan to use this in future?
>
>Thanks
>
>David 

---------------------------

인쇄하기

Print List